Austrian Airlines AUA staff members, decked out in their signature red, arrive for a council meeting at the airport in Schwechat, Austria. AUA is planning to slash costs for pilots and flight attendants by shifting their contracts to a sister company offering less generous terms. Click through for a look at more of the week's most compelling images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week