Austrian Airlines AUA staff members, decked out in their signature red, arrive for a council meeting at the airport in Schwechat, Austria. AUA is planning to slash costs for pilots and flight attendants by shifting their contracts to a sister company offering less generous terms. Click through for a look at more of the week's most compelling images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
Subscribe to the Week