Walmart was smacked by a bombshell report in The New York Times alleging that the retail powerhouse dished out $24 million in shady bribes to Mexican officials to achieve market domination. U.S. authorities are expected to aggressively go after Walmart execs, and the investigation could spread to other countries. How badly will this damage Walmart?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week