Walmart was smacked by a bombshell report in The New York Times alleging that the retail powerhouse dished out $24 million in shady bribes to Mexican officials to achieve market domination. U.S. authorities are expected to aggressively go after Walmart execs, and the investigation could spread to other countries. How badly will this damage Walmart?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week