Walmart was smacked by a bombshell report in The New York Times alleging that the retail powerhouse dished out $24 million in shady bribes to Mexican officials to achieve market domination. U.S. authorities are expected to aggressively go after Walmart execs, and the investigation could spread to other countries. How badly will this damage Walmart?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week