year after gutsy U.S. commandos snuck into Pakistan to take out Osama bin Laden, President Obama secretly hopped aboard Air Force One for a surprise trip to Afghanistan. The commander-in-chief gave a globally broadcast speech Tuesday, and signed a long-term deal with Afghan President Hamid Karzai that all but guarantees that some U.S. troops will remain in the troubled country until at least 2024.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week