Iron Man, Captain America and their merry band of superheroes kapowed a record-breaking $200 million at the box office this weekend, kicking off the summer movie season with a lucrative bang. But, of course, The Avengers is not the only movie Hollywood will be hyping during the dog days. Here's a look at the most buzzed-about movies hitting theaters this summer:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week