Shaquille O'Neal has another awfully big accomplishment under his belt. The 7-foot-1 retired NBA legend just graduated from Florida's Barry University with a doctoral degree in education. In 1992, Shaq left Louisiana State University after three years to play in the NBA, finishing his undergraduate degree eight years later, and earning an MBA in 2005. Click through for a look at seven other stars who have earned the right to be called "doctor."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week