Shaquille O'Neal has another awfully big accomplishment under his belt. The 7-foot-1 retired NBA legend just graduated from Florida's Barry University with a doctoral degree in education. In 1992, Shaq left Louisiana State University after three years to play in the NBA, finishing his undergraduate degree eight years later, and earning an MBA in 2005. Click through for a look at seven other stars who have earned the right to be called "doctor."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week