Shaquille O'Neal has another awfully big accomplishment under his belt. The 7-foot-1 retired NBA legend just graduated from Florida's Barry University with a doctoral degree in education. In 1992, Shaq left Louisiana State University after three years to play in the NBA, finishing his undergraduate degree eight years later, and earning an MBA in 2005. Click through for a look at seven other stars who have earned the right to be called "doctor."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week