Shaquille O'Neal has another awfully big accomplishment under his belt. The 7-foot-1 retired NBA legend just graduated from Florida's Barry University with a doctoral degree in education. In 1992, Shaq left Louisiana State University after three years to play in the NBA, finishing his undergraduate degree eight years later, and earning an MBA in 2005. Click through for a look at seven other stars who have earned the right to be called "doctor."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week