A man transports decorative lanterns ahead of Vesak Day celebrations in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The festival commemorates the birth and enlightenment of Buddha, and his attainment of Nirvana. Click through for a look at more of the week's most remarkable images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
Subscribe to the Week