As Republicans continue to unite behind Mitt Romney, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee has won the backing of another big-name Republican: George W. Bush. But the former president didn't exactly sing Romney's praises. He merely stated flatly that he supported Romney's candidacy, and left it at that, joining a parade of GOP notables who have shown only muted enthusiasm for their candidate. Click through for more:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week