s Republicans continue to unite behind Mitt Romney, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee has won the backing of another big-name Republican: George W. Bush. But the former president didn't exactly sing Romney's praises. He merely stated flatly that he supported Romney's candidacy, and left it at that, joining a parade of GOP notables who have shown only muted enthusiasm for their candidate. Click through for more:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week