ark Zuckerberg's social network launched its relentlessly gabbed-about IPO on Friday, selling Facebook shares for $42 a pop. That values the 900-million-user-strong social network at more than $100 billion — more than venerable business behemoths Disney, McDonald's, and Kraft. Is Facebook stock hopelessly overhyped — especially considering that big-spending GM believes advertising on Facebook is worthless?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
Subscribe to the Week