Mark Zuckerberg's social network launched its relentlessly gabbed-about IPO on Friday, selling Facebook shares for $42 a pop. That values the 900-million-user-strong social network at more than $100 billion — more than venerable business behemoths Disney, McDonald's, and Kraft. Is Facebook stock hopelessly overhyped — especially considering that big-spending GM believes advertising on Facebook is worthless?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week