ark Zuckerberg's social network launched its relentlessly gabbed-about IPO on Friday, selling Facebook shares for $42 a pop. That values the 900-million-user-strong social network at more than $100 billion — more than venerable business behemoths Disney, McDonald's, and Kraft. Is Facebook stock hopelessly overhyped — especially considering that big-spending GM believes advertising on Facebook is worthless?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
Subscribe to the Week