Jonathan Ive may "already be considered technology royalty amongst geeks," says Joanna Stern at ABC News. But now Apple's design guru is a British knight, too. Ive — noted for his work on slickly-designed gadgets like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook Air — was honored as a Knight Commander of the British Empire on Wednesday. Here, seven other surprising knights not named Paul or Elton:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week