Jonathan Ive may "already be considered technology royalty amongst geeks," says Joanna Stern at ABC News. But now Apple's design guru is a British knight, too. Ive — noted for his work on slickly-designed gadgets like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook Air — was honored as a Knight Commander of the British Empire on Wednesday. Here, seven other surprising knights not named Paul or Elton:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week