Jonathan Ive may "already be considered technology royalty amongst geeks," says Joanna Stern at ABC News. But now Apple's design guru is a British knight, too. Ive — noted for his work on slickly-designed gadgets like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook Air — was honored as a Knight Commander of the British Empire on Wednesday. Here, seven other surprising knights not named Paul or Elton:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week