Jonathan Ive may "already be considered technology royalty amongst geeks," says Joanna Stern at ABC News. But now Apple's design guru is a British knight, too. Ive — noted for his work on slickly-designed gadgets like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook Air — was honored as a Knight Commander of the British Empire on Wednesday. Here, seven other surprising knights not named Paul or Elton:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week