Jonathan Ive may "already be considered technology royalty amongst geeks," says Joanna Stern at ABC News. But now Apple's design guru is a British knight, too. Ive — noted for his work on slickly-designed gadgets like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook Air — was honored as a Knight Commander of the British Empire on Wednesday. Here, seven other surprising knights not named Paul or Elton:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
Subscribe to the Week