Jonathan Ive may "already be considered technology royalty amongst geeks," says Joanna Stern at ABC News. But now Apple's design guru is a British knight, too. Ive — noted for his work on slickly-designed gadgets like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook Air — was honored as a Knight Commander of the British Empire on Wednesday. Here, seven other surprising knights not named Paul or Elton:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week