Last year's Cannes International Film Festival awarded its coveted Palme d'Or grand prize to the polarizing, trippy Tree of Life and hosted the premiere of The Artist, which received a 20-minute standing ovation. This year's festival, the 65th, saw the likes of Brad Pitt, Nicole Kidman, and Bill Murray descend on the Croisette. Will any of their films emerge as awards contenders? Here, 10 films to look out for from this year's Cannes Film Festival:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week