ast year's Cannes International Film Festival awarded its coveted Palme d'Or grand prize to the polarizing, trippy Tree of Life and hosted the premiere of The Artist, which received a 20-minute standing ovation. This year's festival, the 65th, saw the likes of Brad Pitt, Nicole Kidman, and Bill Murray descend on the Croisette. Will any of their films emerge as awards contenders? Here, 10 films to look out for from this year's Cannes Film Festival:
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The science of making a guitar sound like a human voice
- Is the rent really too damn high?
Subscribe to the Week