Summer months were once considered barren doldrums lacking any good TV, but recent years have seen the period nearly as packed with quality series as the traditional September-to-May TV season. Chief example: Breaking Bad, AMC's transfixing drama about a conflicted drug-dealing family man, returns for its fifth season on July 15. Here, a look at eight other new and returning shows worthy of your attention this summer:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The militarization of America’s police
Subscribe to the Week