More than a million people braved soggy weather Sunday, lining London's Thames River to glimpse the slight Sovereign as she floated by on her gilded barge during a parade of boats, and the rain couldn't dampen a historic day. Here's a look at Queen Elizabeth's "happy and glorious" Diamond Jubilee in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Germany has a serious wolf problem
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- There's a raging Islamic insurgency in Thailand's strangest party town
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Sonia Sotomayor became the Supreme Court's preeminent defender of civil liberties
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week