After more than a year of highly contentious Badger State politics — in which GOP Gov. Scott Walker muscled through an aggressive anti-union law and faced a historic union-backed recall — we finally have a resolution: Walker won, and unions lost. The divisive governor easily survived the Tuesday recall, and in the process, became a national GOP star and put Wisconsin into play in the presidential race.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week