After more than a year of highly contentious Badger State politics — in which GOP Gov. Scott Walker muscled through an aggressive anti-union law and faced a historic union-backed recall — we finally have a resolution: Walker won, and unions lost. The divisive governor easily survived the Tuesday recall, and in the process, became a national GOP star and put Wisconsin into play in the presidential race.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week