After more than a year of highly contentious Badger State politics — in which GOP Gov. Scott Walker muscled through an aggressive anti-union law and faced a historic union-backed recall — we finally have a resolution: Walker won, and unions lost. The divisive governor easily survived the Tuesday recall, and in the process, became a national GOP star and put Wisconsin into play in the presidential race.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How to make any veggie burger without a recipe
Subscribe to the Week