After more than a year of highly contentious Badger State politics — in which GOP Gov. Scott Walker muscled through an aggressive anti-union law and faced a historic union-backed recall — we finally have a resolution: Walker won, and unions lost. The divisive governor easily survived the Tuesday recall, and in the process, became a national GOP star and put Wisconsin into play in the presidential race.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week