After more than a year of highly contentious Badger State politics — in which GOP Gov. Scott Walker muscled through an aggressive anti-union law and faced a historic union-backed recall — we finally have a resolution: Walker won, and unions lost. The divisive governor easily survived the Tuesday recall, and in the process, became a national GOP star and put Wisconsin into play in the presidential race.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week