pple's new super-charged MacBook Pro is just .71 inches thick and weighs in at a feathery 4.5 pounds. But long before Apple brought such sleek devices into the mainstream, it pioneered the personal computer industry with rather bulky contraptions. Here, a look back at Macintosh's journey:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- When will the Big One strike California?
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week