Apple's new super-charged MacBook Pro is just .71 inches thick and weighs in at a feathery 4.5 pounds. But long before Apple brought such sleek devices into the mainstream, it pioneered the personal computer industry with rather bulky contraptions. Here, a look back at Macintosh's journey:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
Subscribe to the Week