pple's new super-charged MacBook Pro is just .71 inches thick and weighs in at a feathery 4.5 pounds. But long before Apple brought such sleek devices into the mainstream, it pioneered the personal computer industry with rather bulky contraptions. Here, a look back at Macintosh's journey:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week