There's more to Detroit than cars and Motown. Michigan's premier city is peppered with some of the most impressive and well-preserved historic homes in the country. From the old wealth of Indian Village — once home to such familiar names as Dodge and Ford — to the quaintly named Sherwood Forest, these six estates show the hard-knock city has plenty to envy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What is Jebonomics?
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
Subscribe to the Week