There's more to Detroit than cars and Motown. Michigan's premier city is peppered with some of the most impressive and well-preserved historic homes in the country. From the old wealth of Indian Village — once home to such familiar names as Dodge and Ford — to the quaintly named Sherwood Forest, these six estates show the hard-knock city has plenty to envy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
Subscribe to the Week