There's more to Detroit than cars and Motown. Michigan's premier city is peppered with some of the most impressive and well-preserved historic homes in the country. From the old wealth of Indian Village — once home to such familiar names as Dodge and Ford — to the quaintly named Sherwood Forest, these six estates show the hard-knock city has plenty to envy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week