here's more to Detroit than cars and Motown. Michigan's premier city is peppered with some of the most impressive and well-preserved historic homes in the country. From the old wealth of Indian Village — once home to such familiar names as Dodge and Ford — to the quaintly named Sherwood Forest, these six estates show the hard-knock city has plenty to envy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week