There's more to Detroit than cars and Motown. Michigan's premier city is peppered with some of the most impressive and well-preserved historic homes in the country. From the old wealth of Indian Village — once home to such familiar names as Dodge and Ford — to the quaintly named Sherwood Forest, these six estates show the hard-knock city has plenty to envy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week