It's not easy being POTUS: The increasingly unpopular Obama's week began with the unwelcome news that Commerce Secretary John Bryson had been cited for two hit-and-runs in California, prompting Bryson to take medical leave. Obama tried to change the conversation with a much-hyped economic speech, but politicos were underwhelmed. Will a surprise immigration overhaul be enough to boost Obama's campaign?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week