It's not easy being POTUS: The increasingly unpopular Obama's week began with the unwelcome news that Commerce Secretary John Bryson had been cited for two hit-and-runs in California, prompting Bryson to take medical leave. Obama tried to change the conversation with a much-hyped economic speech, but politicos were underwhelmed. Will a surprise immigration overhaul be enough to boost Obama's campaign?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
Subscribe to the Week