It's not easy being POTUS: The increasingly unpopular Obama's week began with the unwelcome news that Commerce Secretary John Bryson had been cited for two hit-and-runs in California, prompting Bryson to take medical leave. Obama tried to change the conversation with a much-hyped economic speech, but politicos were underwhelmed. Will a surprise immigration overhaul be enough to boost Obama's campaign?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week