The Obama campaign announced this week that Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) will play Mitt Romney when Obama preps for three October debates. Of course, that inspired plenty of jokes about Obama being lucky to find yet another multi-millionaire flip-flopper from Massachusetts to play Romney, but Team Obama says it's Kerry's vaunted debating skills that make him a perfect stand-in. Here, a look at other debate-prep sparring partners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week