The Obama campaign announced this week that Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) will play Mitt Romney when Obama preps for three October debates. Of course, that inspired plenty of jokes about Obama being lucky to find yet another multi-millionaire flip-flopper from Massachusetts to play Romney, but Team Obama says it's Kerry's vaunted debating skills that make him a perfect stand-in. Here, a look at other debate-prep sparring partners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week