The Obama campaign announced this week that Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) will play Mitt Romney when Obama preps for three October debates. Of course, that inspired plenty of jokes about Obama being lucky to find yet another multi-millionaire flip-flopper from Massachusetts to play Romney, but Team Obama says it's Kerry's vaunted debating skills that make him a perfect stand-in. Here, a look at other debate-prep sparring partners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
Subscribe to the Week