The Obama campaign announced this week that Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) will play Mitt Romney when Obama preps for three October debates. Of course, that inspired plenty of jokes about Obama being lucky to find yet another multi-millionaire flip-flopper from Massachusetts to play Romney, but Team Obama says it's Kerry's vaunted debating skills that make him a perfect stand-in. Here, a look at other debate-prep sparring partners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
Subscribe to the Week