The Obama campaign announced this week that Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) will play Mitt Romney when Obama preps for three October debates. Of course, that inspired plenty of jokes about Obama being lucky to find yet another multi-millionaire flip-flopper from Massachusetts to play Romney, but Team Obama says it's Kerry's vaunted debating skills that make him a perfect stand-in. Here, a look at other debate-prep sparring partners:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- In defense of family dinner
Subscribe to the Week