A House panel voted Wednesday to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, and the full House will vote on the matter next week. Republicans charge that Holder failed to hand over documents related to a botched sting in which feds let weapons get into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, and President Obama invoked executive privilege to protect the documents. Could this probe backfire on the GOP?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week