A House panel voted Wednesday to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, and the full House will vote on the matter next week. Republicans charge that Holder failed to hand over documents related to a botched sting in which feds let weapons get into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, and President Obama invoked executive privilege to protect the documents. Could this probe backfire on the GOP?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week