A House panel voted Wednesday to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, and the full House will vote on the matter next week. Republicans charge that Holder failed to hand over documents related to a botched sting in which feds let weapons get into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, and President Obama invoked executive privilege to protect the documents. Could this probe backfire on the GOP?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
Subscribe to the Week