A House panel voted Wednesday to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, and the full House will vote on the matter next week. Republicans charge that Holder failed to hand over documents related to a botched sting in which feds let weapons get into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, and President Obama invoked executive privilege to protect the documents. Could this probe backfire on the GOP?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
Subscribe to the Week