House panel voted Wednesday to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, and the full House will vote on the matter next week. Republicans charge that Holder failed to hand over documents related to a botched sting in which feds let weapons get into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, and President Obama invoked executive privilege to protect the documents. Could this probe backfire on the GOP?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week