This weekend, thousands of people took part in LGBT pride parades in San Francisco, Chicago, and New York, where celebrants, including Cyndi Lauper (left), marked the one-year anniversary of landmark legislation that legalized gay marriage in New York. The merrymaking capped a string of global celebrations in June, which is the official month of LGBT pride. Here, a pictorial guide to pride parades around the world:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
Subscribe to the Week