his weekend, thousands of people took part in LGBT pride parades in San Francisco, Chicago, and New York, where celebrants, including Cyndi Lauper (left), marked the one-year anniversary of landmark legislation that legalized gay marriage in New York. The merrymaking capped a string of global celebrations in June, which is the official month of LGBT pride. Here, a pictorial guide to pride parades around the world:
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week