This weekend, thousands of people took part in LGBT pride parades in San Francisco, Chicago, and New York, where celebrants, including Cyndi Lauper (left), marked the one-year anniversary of landmark legislation that legalized gay marriage in New York. The merrymaking capped a string of global celebrations in June, which is the official month of LGBT pride. Here, a pictorial guide to pride parades around the world:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week