hese five two-family homes may mean more close encounters with your neighbor, but they can also offer a more thrifty option in these trying fiscal times. Owners can share the yard work and home maintenance, but still retreat to their own personal spaces. Win-win? Take a look at five homes, including this Maryland estate, that allow owners to go halfsies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week