These five two-family homes may mean more close encounters with your neighbor, but they can also offer a more thrifty option in these trying fiscal times. Owners can share the yard work and home maintenance, but still retreat to their own personal spaces. Win-win? Take a look at five homes, including this Maryland estate, that allow owners to go halfsies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week