These five two-family homes may mean more close encounters with your neighbor, but they can also offer a more thrifty option in these trying fiscal times. Owners can share the yard work and home maintenance, but still retreat to their own personal spaces. Win-win? Take a look at five homes, including this Maryland estate, that allow owners to go halfsies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week