These five two-family homes may mean more close encounters with your neighbor, but they can also offer a more thrifty option in these trying fiscal times. Owners can share the yard work and home maintenance, but still retreat to their own personal spaces. Win-win? Take a look at five homes, including this Maryland estate, that allow owners to go halfsies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week