These five two-family homes may mean more close encounters with your neighbor, but they can also offer a more thrifty option in these trying fiscal times. Owners can share the yard work and home maintenance, but still retreat to their own personal spaces. Win-win? Take a look at five homes, including this Maryland estate, that allow owners to go halfsies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week