As NBC remains mum on the official fate of Ann Curry, the Today show co-host, who is reportedly being fired, must cruelly continue to go to work. That means plastering on a placid smile, engaging in uncomfortable banter, and partaking in trite cooking segments — duties for which Curry always seemed an awkward fit, her main failing in the eyes of critics. Here, a review of Curry's attempts to handle Today's lighter side:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week