As NBC remains mum on the official fate of Ann Curry, the Today show co-host, who is reportedly being fired, must cruelly continue to go to work. That means plastering on a placid smile, engaging in uncomfortable banter, and partaking in trite cooking segments — duties for which Curry always seemed an awkward fit, her main failing in the eyes of critics. Here, a review of Curry's attempts to handle Today's lighter side:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
Subscribe to the Week