As NBC remains mum on the official fate of Ann Curry, the Today show co-host, who is reportedly being fired, must cruelly continue to go to work. That means plastering on a placid smile, engaging in uncomfortable banter, and partaking in trite cooking segments — duties for which Curry always seemed an awkward fit, her main failing in the eyes of critics. Here, a review of Curry's attempts to handle Today's lighter side:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week