As NBC remains mum on the official fate of Ann Curry, the Today show co-host, who is reportedly being fired, must cruelly continue to go to work. That means plastering on a placid smile, engaging in uncomfortable banter, and partaking in trite cooking segments — duties for which Curry always seemed an awkward fit, her main failing in the eyes of critics. Here, a review of Curry's attempts to handle Today's lighter side:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
Subscribe to the Week