s NBC remains mum on the official fate of Ann Curry, the Today show co-host, who is reportedly being fired, must cruelly continue to go to work. That means plastering on a placid smile, engaging in uncomfortable banter, and partaking in trite cooking segments — duties for which Curry always seemed an awkward fit, her main failing in the eyes of critics. Here, a review of Curry's attempts to handle Today's lighter side:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- Here's how to really detect lies
Subscribe to the Week