President Obama scored a huge victory when conservative Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the Supreme Court's liberal wing to uphold almost all of ObamaCare. Republicans vowed to repeal the law nonetheless, ensuring that it will play a key role in the 2012 election — and beyond. Also this week: The Supreme Court voted to nix most of Arizona's new controversial immigration policy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The next pandemic
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week