President Obama scored a huge victory when conservative Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the Supreme Court's liberal wing to uphold almost all of ObamaCare. Republicans vowed to repeal the law nonetheless, ensuring that it will play a key role in the 2012 election — and beyond. Also this week: The Supreme Court voted to nix most of Arizona's new controversial immigration policy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week