If you can't stand to wait three weeks for the Olympics' incredible feats of strength and agonizing failures, the U.S. Olympic trials may have helped satisfy your craving. Until July 2, the nation's top athletes competed for limited spots on a range of Olympic teams. And after the excitement of the trials in Iowa and Omaha, London is sure to be one heart-pounding ride. Here, six incredible stories to come out of the heartland.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week