If you can't stand to wait three weeks for the Olympics' incredible feats of strength and agonizing failures, the U.S. Olympic trials may have helped satisfy your craving. Until July 2, the nation's top athletes competed for limited spots on a range of Olympic teams. And after the excitement of the trials in Iowa and Omaha, London is sure to be one heart-pounding ride. Here, six incredible stories to come out of the heartland.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to improve your workplace culture
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
Subscribe to the Week