If you can't stand to wait three weeks for the Olympics' incredible feats of strength and agonizing failures, the U.S. Olympic trials may have helped satisfy your craving. Until July 2, the nation's top athletes competed for limited spots on a range of Olympic teams. And after the excitement of the trials in Iowa and Omaha, London is sure to be one heart-pounding ride. Here, six incredible stories to come out of the heartland.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to buy an engagement ring — a man's guide
Subscribe to the Week