If you can't stand to wait three weeks for the Olympics' incredible feats of strength and agonizing failures, the U.S. Olympic trials may have helped satisfy your craving. Until July 2, the nation's top athletes competed for limited spots on a range of Olympic teams. And after the excitement of the trials in Iowa and Omaha, London is sure to be one heart-pounding ride. Here, six incredible stories to come out of the heartland.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week