Rains helped cool Colorado's massive wildfires on Wednesday and Thursday, but not before the worst of the blazes, the Waldo Canyon fire, had become the most destructive in the state's history. Flames scorched 28 square miles in and around Colorado Springs, killing two people and destroying 350 homes. Click through for a look at the fight against the devastating fires in Colorado and across the West:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- In defense of family dinner
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week