ains helped cool Colorado's massive wildfires on Wednesday and Thursday, but not before the worst of the blazes, the Waldo Canyon fire, had become the most destructive in the state's history. Flames scorched 28 square miles in and around Colorado Springs, killing two people and destroying 350 homes. Click through for a look at the fight against the devastating fires in Colorado and across the West:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week