ains helped cool Colorado's massive wildfires on Wednesday and Thursday, but not before the worst of the blazes, the Waldo Canyon fire, had become the most destructive in the state's history. Flames scorched 28 square miles in and around Colorado Springs, killing two people and destroying 350 homes. Click through for a look at the fight against the devastating fires in Colorado and across the West:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
Subscribe to the Week