U.S gymnast Jordan Wieber performs on the uneven bars at the U.S. Olympics gymnastics trials in San Jose, Calif. After an emotional, intense two days of competition that both ended and ignited careers, the U.S. announced its all-teenage gymnastics team: Wieber, Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Kyla Ross, and Aly Raisman. Click through for a look at more of the week's breathtaking images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week