nce built to enshrine Buddhist relics across Asia, the pagoda has been adopted by Western homeowners as a refuge from the hustle-and-bustle of life. Whether used for quiet contemplation or much-needed shade (as on this California estate), the multi-tiered structure gives an otherwise predictable backyard a unique accent. For more info on the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week