We're used to seeing our presidents — and presidential hopefuls like Mitt Romney — buttoned up and polished. Of course, from time to time, they'll roll up their sleeves at a campaign rally or dive into a juicy burger with their ties neatly tucked into their shirts. But it's when they're on vacation that the mask truly falls, revealing just how human they are. Here, a pictorial guide to 10 unpresidential vacation moments:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week