We're used to seeing our presidents — and presidential hopefuls like Mitt Romney — buttoned up and polished. Of course, from time to time, they'll roll up their sleeves at a campaign rally or dive into a juicy burger with their ties neatly tucked into their shirts. But it's when they're on vacation that the mask truly falls, revealing just how human they are. Here, a pictorial guide to 10 unpresidential vacation moments:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week