e're used to seeing our presidents — and presidential hopefuls like Mitt Romney — buttoned up and polished. Of course, from time to time, they'll roll up their sleeves at a campaign rally or dive into a juicy burger with their ties neatly tucked into their shirts. But it's when they're on vacation that the mask truly falls, revealing just how human they are. Here, a pictorial guide to 10 unpresidential vacation moments:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The best movies to watch in theaters this month
Subscribe to the Week