We're used to seeing our presidents — and presidential hopefuls like Mitt Romney — buttoned up and polished. Of course, from time to time, they'll roll up their sleeves at a campaign rally or dive into a juicy burger with their ties neatly tucked into their shirts. But it's when they're on vacation that the mask truly falls, revealing just how human they are. Here, a pictorial guide to 10 unpresidential vacation moments:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week