This week, Team USA unveiled its official uniform for the 2012 London Olympics' opening ceremony on July 27. Designed by Ralph Lauren, the look is predictably preppy, with both men and women wearing navy blue blazers and cream bottoms. The athletes will also sport berets — not the first time Team USA has gone Pablo Picasso. Here, a look back at the evolving style of America's summer Olympians:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week