This week, Team USA unveiled its official uniform for the 2012 London Olympics' opening ceremony on July 27. Designed by Ralph Lauren, the look is predictably preppy, with both men and women wearing navy blue blazers and cream bottoms. The athletes will also sport berets — not the first time Team USA has gone Pablo Picasso. Here, a look back at the evolving style of America's summer Olympians:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
Subscribe to the Week