This week, Team USA unveiled its official uniform for the 2012 London Olympics' opening ceremony on July 27. Designed by Ralph Lauren, the look is predictably preppy, with both men and women wearing navy blue blazers and cream bottoms. The athletes will also sport berets — not the first time Team USA has gone Pablo Picasso. Here, a look back at the evolving style of America's summer Olympians:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week