his week, Team USA unveiled its official uniform for the 2012 London Olympics' opening ceremony on July 27. Designed by Ralph Lauren, the look is predictably preppy, with both men and women wearing navy blue blazers and cream bottoms. The athletes will also sport berets — not the first time Team USA has gone Pablo Picasso. Here, a look back at the evolving style of America's summer Olympians:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week