his week, Team USA unveiled its official uniform for the 2012 London Olympics' opening ceremony on July 27. Designed by Ralph Lauren, the look is predictably preppy, with both men and women wearing navy blue blazers and cream bottoms. The athletes will also sport berets — not the first time Team USA has gone Pablo Picasso. Here, a look back at the evolving style of America's summer Olympians:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week