hat do Dick Cheney, Lady Gaga, President Obama, and Hugh Hefner all have in common? They've all been lucky enough to have a newly discovered species named after them. From colorful fish to rabbits to innocuous wasps, here's a small sample of the animal kingdom's celebrity-dubbed denizens.
This article — originally published on Jul. 12, 2012 — was last updated on Dec. 11, 2012.
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
- WATCH: John Oliver tackles the politics of immigration reform
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- New Snowden leak: NSA, Britain's GCHQ, eavesdropped on foreign leaders
- How 8 famous writers chose their pen names