The 43rd annual "nerd state fair" has come to an end. Over four days, the San Diego Comic-Con lured about 130,000 diehard pop culture fans eager to see what Hollywood, the gaming industry, and comic book companies have coming down the pipe. From Twilight's final panel to a sneak peek at The Hobbit, here's a look at the convention's biggest news flashes...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week