The 43rd annual "nerd state fair" has come to an end. Over four days, the San Diego Comic-Con lured about 130,000 diehard pop culture fans eager to see what Hollywood, the gaming industry, and comic book companies have coming down the pipe. From Twilight's final panel to a sneak peek at The Hobbit, here's a look at the convention's biggest news flashes...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
Subscribe to the Week