he 43rd annual "nerd state fair" has come to an end. Over four days, the San Diego Comic-Con lured about 130,000 diehard pop culture fans eager to see what Hollywood, the gaming industry, and comic book companies have coming down the pipe. From Twilight's final panel to a sneak peek at The Hobbit, here's a look at the convention's biggest news flashes...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week