American Idol is in the midst of a major shake-up. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez have announced their departure from the judges table, while veteran judge Randy Jackson hasn't signed on for another season. Plus, the show's producers are "looking to tighten the belt of what has become one bloated reality series," says Leslie Kasperowicz at Cinema Blend. That means less money to splurge on big-name talent. Here, a look at potential Season 12 judges:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week