merican Idol is in the midst of a major shake-up. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez have announced their departure from the judges table, while veteran judge Randy Jackson hasn't signed on for another season. Plus, the show's producers are "looking to tighten the belt of what has become one bloated reality series," says Leslie Kasperowicz at Cinema Blend. That means less money to splurge on big-name talent. Here, a look at potential Season 12 judges:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
Subscribe to the Week