American Idol is in the midst of a major shake-up. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez have announced their departure from the judges table, while veteran judge Randy Jackson hasn't signed on for another season. Plus, the show's producers are "looking to tighten the belt of what has become one bloated reality series," says Leslie Kasperowicz at Cinema Blend. That means less money to splurge on big-name talent. Here, a look at potential Season 12 judges:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week