gunman opened fire on an audience attending a midnight screening of the Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colo., killing at least 12 people and wounding dozens more. Police arrested an alleged suspect, whom they identified as former PhD candidate James Holmes, 24. Authorities believe he acted alone, and the FBI said there is no indication that the massacre was related to "any nexus of terrorism."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week