Residents of Aurora, Colo., spent the weekend in shock, praying and sharing condolences after a "diabolical" gunman killed 12 people during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises early Friday morning. From makeshift memorials that have sprung up around the Century 16 movie theater to solemn vigils, here's a look at how the Denver suburb has united in grief.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week