Residents of Aurora, Colo., spent the weekend in shock, praying and sharing condolences after a "diabolical" gunman killed 12 people during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises early Friday morning. From makeshift memorials that have sprung up around the Century 16 movie theater to solemn vigils, here's a look at how the Denver suburb has united in grief.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week