Residents of Aurora, Colo., spent the weekend in shock, praying and sharing condolences after a "diabolical" gunman killed 12 people during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises early Friday morning. From makeshift memorials that have sprung up around the Century 16 movie theater to solemn vigils, here's a look at how the Denver suburb has united in grief.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week