Residents of Aurora, Colo., spent the weekend in shock, praying and sharing condolences after a "diabolical" gunman killed 12 people during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises early Friday morning. From makeshift memorials that have sprung up around the Century 16 movie theater to solemn vigils, here's a look at how the Denver suburb has united in grief.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week