ith her recent appointment as Yahoo's new CEO, Marissa Mayer joins a still-rather-short line of women who have proven that gender needn't limit ambition. From America's first female astronaut to the baseball pitcher who conquered America's favorite pastime, here's a look back at seven women who fought their way into the Boys Club and helped pave the way for today's female groundbreakers.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The last racial taboo
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
Subscribe to the Week