This week, the government ordered a halt to the sale of Buckyballs, powerful magnetic toys that, if swallowed, can pinch or trap intestines. It's not the first time that a company has released a potentially perilous product on the market. Here, a pictorial guide to nine of the most infamous toys of all time:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 400,000 Americans marched for climate justice. Now what?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week