s the country continued to grapple with the fallout from the theater massacre in Aurora, Colorado — in often disturbing ways — James Holmes, the alleged shooter, made his first appearance in court. New details emerged about Holmes' background, while a debate raged over America's lax gun control laws, which continue to baffle the rest of the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Captain America won over China
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week