s the country continued to grapple with the fallout from the theater massacre in Aurora, Colorado — in often disturbing ways — James Holmes, the alleged shooter, made his first appearance in court. New details emerged about Holmes' background, while a debate raged over America's lax gun control laws, which continue to baffle the rest of the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week