he Olympics have recognized some truly oddball sports in its history. Take solo synchronized swimming. Though this seeming oxymoron — "pedants maintain that it's the choreography that is synchronized with the music," says the Guardian — was ultimately scrapped, it lasted longer than obstacle swimming course event, and paved the way for team synchronized swimming. Here, nine Olympic curiosities:
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The toughest question for 2016 Democratic presidential candidates
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Instagram might be ruining our memories. Here's why that's a good thing.
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
Subscribe to the Week