he Olympics may be secular, but the London Games acknowledge the role religion plays in athletes' lives, with venue prayer rooms, a multi-faith center in the Olympic Village, and 193 chaplains on call. Here's a look at 10 Olympians who give their higher powers a shout out, both before — like Brazilian gymnast Ethiene Cristina Gonser Franco — and after their feats of strength.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
Subscribe to the Week