he Olympics may be secular, but the London Games acknowledge the role religion plays in athletes' lives, with venue prayer rooms, a multi-faith center in the Olympic Village, and 193 chaplains on call. Here's a look at 10 Olympians who give their higher powers a shout out, both before — like Brazilian gymnast Ethiene Cristina Gonser Franco — and after their feats of strength.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week