While we can forgive an athlete who's, say, lifting more than 150 pounds over her head, like North Korea's Jong Sim Rim here, for not always looking particularly poised, that doesn't mean we can resist smiling at her unintentionally goofball expression. Caught on camera by omnipresent photographers, these 10 contorted faces are both testaments to Olympians' endurance — and kinda funny. Click on...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
Subscribe to the Week