While we can forgive an athlete who's, say, lifting more than 150 pounds over her head, like North Korea's Jong Sim Rim here, for not always looking particularly poised, that doesn't mean we can resist smiling at her unintentionally goofball expression. Caught on camera by omnipresent photographers, these 10 contorted faces are both testaments to Olympians' endurance — and kinda funny. Click on...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Why insects are the future of food
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- The super-rich are just as miserable as the rest of us
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week