While we can forgive an athlete who's, say, lifting more than 150 pounds over her head, like North Korea's Jong Sim Rim here, for not always looking particularly poised, that doesn't mean we can resist smiling at her unintentionally goofball expression. Caught on camera by omnipresent photographers, these 10 contorted faces are both testaments to Olympians' endurance — and kinda funny. Click on...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
Subscribe to the Week