The culture wars are back — at an unlikely location. After Chick-fil-A boss Dan Cathy declared his support for traditional (read: "non-gay") marriage, mayors in Chicago, Boston, and elsewhere warned the fast-food joint to stay out of their cities. That prompted Mike Huckabee and thousands of other opponents of gay marriage to flock to Chick-fil-A for an "appreciation day." Liberals countered with a same-sex "kiss-in."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The week's best photojournalism
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week