The culture wars are back — at an unlikely location. After Chick-fil-A boss Dan Cathy declared his support for traditional (read: "non-gay") marriage, mayors in Chicago, Boston, and elsewhere warned the fast-food joint to stay out of their cities. That prompted Mike Huckabee and thousands of other opponents of gay marriage to flock to Chick-fil-A for an "appreciation day." Liberals countered with a same-sex "kiss-in."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- How to improve your workplace culture
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
Subscribe to the Week