The culture wars are back — at an unlikely location. After Chick-fil-A boss Dan Cathy declared his support for traditional (read: "non-gay") marriage, mayors in Chicago, Boston, and elsewhere warned the fast-food joint to stay out of their cities. That prompted Mike Huckabee and thousands of other opponents of gay marriage to flock to Chick-fil-A for an "appreciation day." Liberals countered with a same-sex "kiss-in."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week