The culture wars are back — at an unlikely location. After Chick-fil-A boss Dan Cathy declared his support for traditional (read: "non-gay") marriage, mayors in Chicago, Boston, and elsewhere warned the fast-food joint to stay out of their cities. That prompted Mike Huckabee and thousands of other opponents of gay marriage to flock to Chick-fil-A for an "appreciation day." Liberals countered with a same-sex "kiss-in."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week