Micronesia's Manuel Minginfel gives a lion's roar after competing in the men's 62-kg Group B weightlifting event July 30. The four-time Olympian fell to 10th place in a field of 15 contenders, and has likely lifted at his last summer games. Click through for a look at more of the week's most awe-inspiring images to come out of the London Games.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
Subscribe to the Week