Micronesia's Manuel Minginfel gives a lion's roar after competing in the men's 62-kg Group B weightlifting event July 30. The four-time Olympian fell to 10th place in a field of 15 contenders, and has likely lifted at his last summer games. Click through for a look at more of the week's most awe-inspiring images to come out of the London Games.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week