With a bulging thigh here and a sculpted shoulder there, Olympians' impossibly fit bodies are the eye candy of the Summer Games. Whether they're lifting 170 pounds or cheering on a teammate — as U.S. swimmers Conor Dwyer, Ryan Lochte, and Ricky Berens do here on July 31 — these athletes don't have a bad angle. With only a few days left for mortals to gawk, here's a look at some of the most jaw-dropping bods.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week