With a bulging thigh here and a sculpted shoulder there, Olympians' impossibly fit bodies are the eye candy of the Summer Games. Whether they're lifting 170 pounds or cheering on a teammate — as U.S. swimmers Conor Dwyer, Ryan Lochte, and Ricky Berens do here on July 31 — these athletes don't have a bad angle. With only a few days left for mortals to gawk, here's a look at some of the most jaw-dropping bods.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week