With a bulging thigh here and a sculpted shoulder there, Olympians' impossibly fit bodies are the eye candy of the Summer Games. Whether they're lifting 170 pounds or cheering on a teammate — as U.S. swimmers Conor Dwyer, Ryan Lochte, and Ricky Berens do here on July 31 — these athletes don't have a bad angle. With only a few days left for mortals to gawk, here's a look at some of the most jaw-dropping bods.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week