Most of us will never know what if feels like to win an Olympic medal. But looking at the athletes who do — whether they're slumped in relief or ecstatically jumping like U.S. beach volleyball players Missy May Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings (pictured after winning the gold Aug. 8) — it's easy to see the feeling is transporting. Click through for some of London's most impassioned moments of Olympic triumph.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week