Most of us will never know what if feels like to win an Olympic medal. But looking at the athletes who do — whether they're slumped in relief or ecstatically jumping like U.S. beach volleyball players Missy May Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings (pictured after winning the gold Aug. 8) — it's easy to see the feeling is transporting. Click through for some of London's most impassioned moments of Olympic triumph.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week