Most of us will never know what if feels like to win an Olympic medal. But looking at the athletes who do — whether they're slumped in relief or ecstatically jumping like U.S. beach volleyball players Missy May Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings (pictured after winning the gold Aug. 8) — it's easy to see the feeling is transporting. Click through for some of London's most impassioned moments of Olympic triumph.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
Subscribe to the Week