The week's best photojournalism - August 17, 2012
In some of the week's most inspired images, a balloon peddler maneuvers though a tight spot, President Obama goes mystic, and a group of protesters cover up
A man, almost entirely obscured by the balloons he sells, makes his way through a dim hallway at the National Stadium in Kabul, Afghanistan. Click through for more of the week's best photos from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week