The week's best photojournalism - August 17, 2012
In some of the week's most inspired images, a balloon peddler maneuvers though a tight spot, President Obama goes mystic, and a group of protesters cover up
A man, almost entirely obscured by the balloons he sells, makes his way through a dim hallway at the National Stadium in Kabul, Afghanistan. Click through for more of the week's best photos from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- The best books we read in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week