The week's best photojournalism - August 17, 2012
In some of the week's most inspired images, a balloon peddler maneuvers though a tight spot, President Obama goes mystic, and a group of protesters cover up
A man, almost entirely obscured by the balloons he sells, makes his way through a dim hallway at the National Stadium in Kabul, Afghanistan. Click through for more of the week's best photos from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week