The week's best photojournalism - August 17, 2012
In some of the week's most inspired images, a balloon peddler maneuvers though a tight spot, President Obama goes mystic, and a group of protesters cover up
A man, almost entirely obscured by the balloons he sells, makes his way through a dim hallway at the National Stadium in Kabul, Afghanistan. Click through for more of the week's best photos from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week