itt Romney hit the campaign trail with his new running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, a budget hawk hailed as a bold pick who could transform Romney's battle with Obama from a mudfest into a serious debate. But Ryan's demanding body-sculpting workout got almost as much coverage as his controversial proposal to overhaul Medicare, and Romney's high-risk choice didn't give him much of a bounce in the polls.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
- The last racial taboo
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
Subscribe to the Week