itt Romney hit the campaign trail with his new running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, a budget hawk hailed as a bold pick who could transform Romney's battle with Obama from a mudfest into a serious debate. But Ryan's demanding body-sculpting workout got almost as much coverage as his controversial proposal to overhaul Medicare, and Romney's high-risk choice didn't give him much of a bounce in the polls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week