Mitt Romney hit the campaign trail with his new running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, a budget hawk hailed as a bold pick who could transform Romney's battle with Obama from a mudfest into a serious debate. But Ryan's demanding body-sculpting workout got almost as much coverage as his controversial proposal to overhaul Medicare, and Romney's high-risk choice didn't give him much of a bounce in the polls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week