altbox-style homes exemplify American colonial architecture and are peppered throughout New England. Their signature feature is a pitched roof that slopes in the back of the house to sometimes less than six feet from the ground level. From Cushing, Maine, to South Kingston, R.I., here a look at six of these historic asymmetrical homes currently on the market. For more info on the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtor listed.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- Is it possible to live forever?
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
Subscribe to the Week