fter a brutal campaign week, Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) remains the GOP's Senate nominee in Missouri — for now. Akin became a punching bag after declaring that "legitimate rape" victims can't get pregnant, causing key Republicans to beg him to drop out of his once-promising race with Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill. But Akin insists he's in it to win it, and, with plenty of conservative backers, he might actually succeed.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week