fter a brutal campaign week, Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) remains the GOP's Senate nominee in Missouri — for now. Akin became a punching bag after declaring that "legitimate rape" victims can't get pregnant, causing key Republicans to beg him to drop out of his once-promising race with Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill. But Akin insists he's in it to win it, and, with plenty of conservative backers, he might actually succeed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week