fter a brutal campaign week, Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) remains the GOP's Senate nominee in Missouri — for now. Akin became a punching bag after declaring that "legitimate rape" victims can't get pregnant, causing key Republicans to beg him to drop out of his once-promising race with Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill. But Akin insists he's in it to win it, and, with plenty of conservative backers, he might actually succeed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week