Love her or hate her, you have to admit that Sarah Palin killed it at the 2008 GOP convention. The Alaskan hockey mom-cum-pit bull worked the crowd into a frenzy, gave John McCain a badly needed burst of conservative enthusiasm, and eviscerated Barack Obama with a wink, a smile, and one-liners that surely still sting. Can anyone at this year's convention top Palin in '08? Here, a pictorial guide to the most hotly anticipated speakers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week