Love her or hate her, you have to admit that Sarah Palin killed it at the 2008 GOP convention. The Alaskan hockey mom-cum-pit bull worked the crowd into a frenzy, gave John McCain a badly needed burst of conservative enthusiasm, and eviscerated Barack Obama with a wink, a smile, and one-liners that surely still sting. Can anyone at this year's convention top Palin in '08? Here, a pictorial guide to the most hotly anticipated speakers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week