ove her or hate her, you have to admit that Sarah Palin killed it at the 2008 GOP convention. The Alaskan hockey mom-cum-pit bull worked the crowd into a frenzy, gave John McCain a badly needed burst of conservative enthusiasm, and eviscerated Barack Obama with a wink, a smile, and one-liners that surely still sting. Can anyone at this year's convention top Palin in '08? Here, a pictorial guide to the most hotly anticipated speakers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
Subscribe to the Week