Love her or hate her, you have to admit that Sarah Palin killed it at the 2008 GOP convention. The Alaskan hockey mom-cum-pit bull worked the crowd into a frenzy, gave John McCain a badly needed burst of conservative enthusiasm, and eviscerated Barack Obama with a wink, a smile, and one-liners that surely still sting. Can anyone at this year's convention top Palin in '08? Here, a pictorial guide to the most hotly anticipated speakers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make salads for reluctant salad eaters
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week