Love her or hate her, you have to admit that Sarah Palin killed it at the 2008 GOP convention. The Alaskan hockey mom-cum-pit bull worked the crowd into a frenzy, gave John McCain a badly needed burst of conservative enthusiasm, and eviscerated Barack Obama with a wink, a smile, and one-liners that surely still sting. Can anyone at this year's convention top Palin in '08? Here, a pictorial guide to the most hotly anticipated speakers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
Subscribe to the Week